December has been a bit of a freeze-out in terms of cycling. I’ve only managed 261 miles on the road and unlike 2012 and 2013 I haven’t completed the Rapha Festive 500. I have been training though, managing 31hrs 43m and a TSS of 1726.2.
That said, 2014 has been a great cycling year for me. You can read about my racing year here so here are the overall stats and some pictures of the highlights for me.
- 6,439 miles in 378hrs 2m at 17mph average speed
- Of that 1,124 miles were racing
- An additional 71hrs 4m on the turbo
- 312,377ft ascent
- 245,293 kcalories used road and 51,284 kcalories turbo
- Longest distance – 133 miles
- Best average speed – 28.8mph
- Highest speed – 56.3mph (Alps!)
- Average HR 130bpm road, 140bpm turbo and highest HR 188bpm
- Most climbing in one ride – 11,965ft
- Most energy used in one ride – 6,179 kcalories
- Ride temperatures from -1.2˚C to 29˚C
Whatever your aims for 2015 I wish you success. Happy New Year!