Other than one long ride, and a couple of really enjoyable social rides, April has been a month mainly of time-trialling. I’ve started the season well, in what has been a very windy month, with some challenging weather conditions. Despite that, I’ve broken the hour on each of the four “25’s” I’ve ridden (including a new PB) and broken the 20 minute barrier on each of the three Kilton’s I’ve done so far. I only managed that across the whole of last season so I’m delighted with my start. The only niggles have been my not great “10” times and finishing the month with an injury to my knee.
Monthly stats – ytd in brackets
- 657.6 miles (2,150.5 miles) in 1d 12hrs 14m (5d 9hrs 34m)
- 18.1mph average speed (16.6mph)
- 24,847ft ascent (99,682ft)
- 23,510 kcals energy (83,565kcals)
- 131bpm average HR (131bpm)