Today I rode the 3 Loops audax – one of John Perrin’s 200k audaxes. As ever the hospitality was absolutely first-rate, and for once John had even remembered to order the good weather!
The ride basically loops around the Ice Cream Farm in Tattenhall. I rode with some great people today – Neil from the club, a guy I rode a 300k with a while back, some guys from Macclesfield Wheelers and the usual Saddleworth Clarion guys (including old pal Chris). I shared a table at the Farm with Peter Bond, who was on his best joke-cracking form – always good to see him.
Things of note that happened
1) The sun was out. Yes that’s right. The sun.
2) A Halifax bomber went over whilst I was eating a slice of John’s famous Rocky Road. (I don’t think there’s a connection). Awesome (the Halifax and the Rocky Road)
3) A Vulcan bomber went over us. Twice. More awesome.
4) We got caught up in the National Road Race. They weren’t that fast. Honest.
5) I had a lovely slice of cottage pie at John’s at the end.
Ride Stats : 131.5 miles in 7hrs 9m @ 18.4mph average. 3853ft of climbing, average HR 139bpm, 5207kcals used